Sunday, May 27, 2007

Child Humor

Me to AJers: "Don’t go down in the basement right now."

AJers: "Why?"

Me: "Daddy has to make a phone call for work and he's down there."

AJers: “Are you sure there’s not another woman in his life?”

~ ~ ~

Me, in the bathroom, Tukey comes by and yells through the door:

“Mom, you still taking a doozy?”

~ ~ ~

Diva, overheard with her friend in the backyard as they practice hitting for softball:

“Get mad at it girl! Get mad at it!"

And, in preparation for batting, where they have to plant their front foot down in order to hit: “Squish the bug! Squish the bug!”

~ ~ ~ ~

AJers, sniffing around in my bathroom: "Ewwww, it smells like updog in here."

Me: "What's 'updog?'"

AJers: "Not much, what's up with you, dog?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tukey: Mom, do birds lay eggs?

Me: Yeah, of course! They all do, penguins lay eggs, all birds lay eggs.

Tukey: I only thought chickens lay eggs.

Me: Nope, all birds lay eggs.

Diva, entering into the conversation: Well, how exactly do they come out? Do they throw them up, or do they poop 'em out?

Me: Well, actually, they come out of their vaginas.

Tukey: Mom, you scare me.

18 comments:

Patti said...

i am sooo using the updog quote...

Kaainaath said...

doozy and updog is creative...

your scary ;)

Anonymous said...

Were u set up with the updog thing and played along? :)

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I TOTALLY, TOTALLY fell for the updog one, and then I tried it out on our babysitter - I said, "Ewww, that smells like updog." I waited for her to fall for it, and she just stared at me and Mr. Manic and said, "Uh... sure."

Andie said...

thanks for the laugh!

Travis Erwin said...

I want to know what your kids said when they discovered you used up all their sidewalk chalk.

Anonymous said...

Ok this is one of my favorites from college...(and note its not G rated)

You say to someone "Do you have any fromunda cheese?"

They go "Fromunda? Never heard of that kind of cheese... What is it like"

Its cheese fromunda my toes (or another place which I wont say here).

DJ Kirkby said...

Lol and lol some more!

Eileen said...

Your kids are soooo going to want therapy when they realize all these comments have been saved for all time. These were too funny.

Maddy said...

Just a slight change in emphasis and mayhem ensues.
Cheers

Monnik said...

my kids do the updog joke to us too.

i love the doozy one. too cute.

Lainey-Paney said...

birds have vaginas?

March2theSea said...

kids are funny.

That updog was from the Office..you let your kids watch the best show on TV??! Well done if you do.

Rusty Nails said...

Ahhh...children say the "cutest" things, don't they? Mine are becoming masters of sarcasm. They get that from their mom.

You're failed attempt at "Updog" is hilarious!! The babysitter must think you're crazy.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

The babysitter KNOWS we're crazy!

And I've never seen The Office. Don't you guys know the only show I watched this season was American Idol. Other than that, and the occasional tear-jerker Oprah, I don't watch TV. I prefer chalk-quilting and blogging.

Amy W said...

I love the updog one too...

cubmommy said...

Those are some great quotes!

I used the updog one on my husband. He thought I was lame. Go figure.

The Office is the best show. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I like the last line of this post.
It made me chuckle out loud to my computer. Does not happen very often.