Saturday, April 11, 2009

aCCuPuNCTuRe!

Well, last night was a first! I had accupuncture! And wasn't expecting I would ever say that sentence in my entire life! But I went to my new chiropractor whom I've been seeing for a few weeks and he suggested it, and I said, OKAY!

So he tells me it's to unblock my CHI and I'm all for that because Lordy knows I've had some major blocked CHI these past few months!

UNBLOCK MY CHI DOC!

So he tells me that the body has a natural (and I'm subquoting here) flow and when your chi is flowing, it's like a stream or river that's vibrant and alive, with flora and foliage and fresh water streaming down, continuous. Then THE CHI GETS BLOCKED like someone puts up a dam. And that flow just STOPS.

And things get crappy. And fish die, and flowers wilt, and the water stops looking all pretty in that stream!

That happened to me. Or at least the doc said that's what's happened to me.

So I'm all for it. Fix me up! I've had strep! I've been depressed! Shit, I invented a new disease on my crappy symptoms called the CAB syndrome, ANYTHING will do!

So, I lay there, and he sticks 8 needles into what I guess are pressure points or Chi unblockers and that's it. I'm laughing cuz I just think it's so freaking weird that I'm there on a table with needles poking outta me, and I want to lift up from the table and see what they look like. I keep thinking of that horror movie guy with all the needles in his face


and I just want to laugh, but I lie still and let my CHI get UNBLOCKED.

And for those of you inexperienced accupuncture novices, cuz now I am a pro--HAHAHA--did you know that in between, the doc comes in and TWISTS the little needles in order to do some more unblocking or something?

I don't know what the heck it did, but I tell you, I don't remember a Saturday morning in 30 years when I wanted to pop out of bed just because I FELT RESTED after only 7 hours of sleep! I just felt alert and alive and GOOD. For the first time in a long time.

So, it might be the accupuncture, it might be the chi. Or it might be that in T minus three days I get to go on a super secret destination beachy mini vacation with JUST MR. MANIC!

Hello!

If that ain't enough to get your CHI flowing, then I don't know what it'll take!

Peace UP, my friends! Peace UP!

~ ~ ~ ~

Don't forget to read the next post and enter so you can win a copy of the AWESOME book, True Mom Confessions.

11 comments:

MaBunny said...

I have dne acupuncture before - and it was amazing - my hubby and I both have experienced it. In fact - I credit to this day having my daughter from acupuncture - i was petrified to go off Th Pill because of the severeity of cramps that i experienced - and I went thru two sessions a week for four weeks and voila - no cramps!

Kristin said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better! A happy Stephanie is a good Stephanie! :)

Amanda said...

My only experience of acupuncture was for back trouble - I cricked my back pegging out laundry and I'm telling you I was crippled by it. I went to the acupuncturist in agony and walked out an hour later a new woman. Don't know and don't care how it works, just know it does. I'd say it would be worth going regularly if you're feeling crabby, sure think Mr Manic would feel it was money well spent!!

Travis Erwin said...

I think I poisoned my CHI river long ago by dumping mass quantities of Rum and grease laden food into th stream, but I've been thinking about trying acupuncture for a while.

AutoSysGene said...

I vote for vacation. I hope y'all have a fun time. Acupuncture freaks me out...to many needles

Unknown said...

That sounds great! I know people that had it done to get pregnant, fix their allergies, and cure back aches. I'm gonna have to check on this one.

Romi said...

i love acupuncuture and couldn't be a bigger believer in keeping the chi a flowin'. Keep it up!!!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I don't know, it's giving me some MAD energy, like I am FEELING EVERYTHING, and one thing I have awakened on my own and rested two days in a row. Wonder if my blocked chi was making me soooo sleepy!

Michelle said...

Hmmm... I've been wanting to try accupuncture for awhile. Because MY CAB is getting pretty nasty. My husband can tell you all about it (not that he isn't contributing to symptoms by breaking the handle off our fridge and having the basketball hoop fall ON his car). Glad it's working... and can't wait to hear about your vacation!

cubmommy said...

Glad you are feeling better. Maybe I should try that I have been all out of whack lately. Stressed because we are house hunting and not sleeping well and exhausted.

TV Fan said...

What? My accupuncturist never comes in and twists my needles? I'm feeling ripped off now.