Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Really, it's 2013?



I wasn't sure if I was going to write a New Year's post. I am not even sure what I'm going to do with this blog. I've been writing as Manic Mommy or some sort of 'that' person when I first posted this blog post on December 23, 2004 when I had no idea what I was doing or what I was going to say. How did I know that I would still be blogging 8 years later?

I truly thought a month ago that I was going to take two or three months off from this blog to focus on getting my own novel done. And that the only way to do that was to let something go. I'm not sure if I can let this blog go. I don't know what I'm going to do. All I know is that when I think of the things I want to do or the things I want to be, two things come to mind, well, aside from being a wife and a mother… two things: I want to be a writer, and I want to read.

And part of that means sharing books with you guys. I would hate to not be able to do that. But I need to find some time to get my own work out there. Last year I promised to bring one book a week to the blog. Turns out I featured more than 100 here. I wasn't able to read them all, but I gave away that many. It is a lot of work, and a lot of hours. I love doing it. I love connecting with you guys. I love finding new books and authors to fall in love with. So, I will probably continue to do that. Whether it be 10 this year, or 100 this year, I have no idea. But this blog will probably morph into something different for 2013.

Things changed in 2012… I wrote more openly since I had to - my son was diagnosed with epilepsy (Great news -- today marks Luke being three months with no seizures!), I had some ups and downs with depression, which, if you have read ANY of the past 8 years of this blog, you already know, I struggle with living in AZ… I don't know if this will all be about books anymore. I might mix it up -- maybe share more about me getting my new novel, What She Left Us, out into the world, and then my other novel out there too -- I have two done, and my agent didn't do much to help, and I've seen many independent authors do it on their own, so I might try that. It seems better than having my books sit on the computer alone…

So, I'm rambling, but I wasn't even going to write tonight, so this is a start. If you come back, that's great. If you don't that's OK too. I know blogs are a pain in the butt to keep track of these days. I personally prefer FB to keep tabs on my friends. I'm just going to use this space as I personally see fit from now on, and if there's a cool new book I'd like to share with you,  you can bet I will be letting you know about it. Among other things…

Hope you are all blessed and loved, happy and healthy in 2013! I've loved having you along and hope you'll continue to stop by, wherever this path takes Manic!

PeaCe uP, always uP!

12 comments:

Kayo said...

Love your blog. Can't wait to read your new book!
Happy New Year!

jdstec said...

Thanks so much for all the great books and authors you have introduced me to. I look forward to seeing what the new year brings. I hate that I missed the opportunity to read your new novel (early). I was at the hospital with my Mom. (It would have come in handy). I wish you the best of luck with it and with whatever path you pursue. I am also glad to hear that Luke is doing so well.

absolutahnie said...

glad to see tha luke is doing well!
i'm looking forward to your new path and your novels, best wishes for a wonderful year (and beyond!)

Melissa said...

i appreciate you sharing so much about yourself with us.
congrats to luke on reaching the 3 month mark!
so glad i met you because of a shared love of blogging about books. you rock!

Melissa said...

Happy new year Manic! Can't wait to read your thoughts and perhaps some snippets of your new book.

-tmd636

Mary Jo Burke said...

You do a great job either way. Relax and take your time.

Books & Reviews said...

Manic -- No matter what you choose to do. I will continue to follow you and if you want to talk --- don't hesitate to get ahold of me. My move to AZ has also depressed me, so I know where you are coming from. Happy New Year. :)

DaphneSFL said...

Do whatever brings you happiness. If it's not the blog, don't do the blog. Life is simply too short to do what you don't enjoy.

Krystal said...

Glad to hear that Luke has been 3 months without a seizure! Good luck with getting your work published! I REALLY enjoyed The Cell Phone Lot and can't wait to read more from you! :)
kndyer

Kimmi said...

Great news about your beautiful boy. What else is there but having a healthy family? Truly Stephanie, do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy. We'll be here when you are.

Best to you for 2013!

Unknown said...

I haven't been here for a while, life has thrown me some curveballs as well. But, I knew I would be back eventually! I have my Manic Mommy magnet hanging on the fridge as a reminder every day! I love your blog and I love this site. But, I understand what you are saying 100%. I am friends with you on FB and have corresponded with you some via e-mail in the past, so I know I will keep up with you either way. You get to a point in life where you have to do YOU and that is okay. For Mothers that YOU includes a lot of different things, but that comes with the territory. Thank you for all that you have done on this site and will continue to do. I have a reading "wish list" a mile long thanks to you! Good luck with your son and family and yourself! I can't wait to read the books and see all the other great things you do! YOU ROCK!!!! ~ Beth

Anonymous said...

Participe http://aliliaca.blogspot.com.br/